Update : Sep. 02, 2013
[Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc.]
Japan Exchange Group released Trading Overview in August 2013.
- In August 2013, average daily trading value of TSE 1st Section stocks was JPY 1.9657 trillion, the highest for the month of August since the Lehman Shock in 2008.
- Monthly trading value on the ETF market was JPY 1.7535 trillion.
- In August 2013, total derivatives trading volume on JPX was 23,544,767 contracts.
- Monthly trading volume for the night session was 5,760,872 contracts. The ratio of night session to day session trading volume was 37.6%.
- Monthly trading volume of Nikkei 225 VI futures was 3,502 contracts, a record high since the contracts were launched in February 2012.
The cash equity market is operated by TSE, while the derivatives market is operated by OSE and TSE.
The derivatives markets will be integrated under OSE in March 2014.
Japan Exchange Group, Inc.