Update : Feb. 03, 2014
[Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc.]
Japan Exchange Group released Trading Overview in January 2014.
- The average daily trading value for the 1st Section in January 2014 was JPY 2.8526 trillion, reaching a new high since May 2013.
- The trading value for the ETF market in January 2014 was JPY 2.9626 trillion, the second highest historically after December 2013.
- The trading value for the 2nd Section in January 2014 was JPY 695.7 billion, the highest level in approximately 7.5 years.
- The trading volume of the JPX derivatives markets in January 2014 was 26,948,865 contracts.
- The trading volume in the night session in January 2014 was 7,346,620 contracts. The ratio of night session to day session trading volume was 44.3%.
- The trading volume for Nikkei 225 VI Futures in January 2014 was 8,302 contracts, the second highest historically.
The cash equity market is operated by TSE, while the derivatives market is operated by OSE and TSE.
The derivatives markets will be integrated under OSE on March 24, 2014.
Japan Exchange Group, Inc.