Update : Apr. 01, 2014
[Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc.]
Japan Exchange Group released a trading overview (preliminary estimates) in FY2013 & March 2014.
- In FY2013, trading volume of domestic 1st Section stocks (excluding preferred shares) reached 785.2916 billion shares, a new record since the market was established. Trading value for the year was JPY 652.4481 trillion, ranking third behind the historical highs reached in FY2007 and FY2006.
- In the domestic ETF market, trading volume and trading value both reached new historical records in FY2013, with 5.03 billion units (daily average: 20.55 million units) traded for a total of JPY 23.5 trillion (daily average: JPY 96.1 billion).
- Trading volume and value in domestic Mothers stocks also reached historical highs in FY2013 of 13.6 billion shares (daily average: 55.59 million shares) and JPY 32.7 trillion (daily average: JPY 133.5 billion) respectively.
- REIT trading value in FY2013 also reached a new historical record of JPY 8.1 trillion (daily average: JPY 33.2 billion).
- Trading in the JPX derivatives market in FY2013 reached a total of 355,908,041 contracts, a historical record on a fiscal-year basis.
- Trading value for the night session in March 2014 was 8,627,864 contracts. The ratio of night session was 32.0%, reaching a new historical record high for the second consecutive month.
- Trading value of DJIA futures in March was 4,826 contracts, the second-highest on record.
The cash equity market is operated by TSE, while the derivatives market is operated by OSE.
|Reference (Mar. 2014)|
Japan Exchange Group, Inc.